Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2015-10-12 20:49:44 -0700 (-0700), Joshua Harlow wrote:
Does the openstack foundation have access to a scaling area that
can be used by the community for this kind of experimental work?

The OpenStack Foundation has a staff of fewer than 20 full-time
employees, with a primary focus on event planning and preserving the
community's trademarks. If instead you mean the member companies who
make up the OpenStack Foundation, then I agree with the other reply
on the thread that it sounds like the effort already underway at
Intel and Rackspace.

Sure, that its *current* primary focus, but this could be an addition.

I've also been thinking that long-term cross project changes should really also be guided by the foundation as well. Something akin to keeping long-term changes (ones that require years of work, such as cross project quota, or...) on track even when member companies come and go (because IMHO expecting otherwise leaves things halfway done, or not done at all).

It seems like infra or others should be able make that possible?
[...]

The Infrastructure team is in the process of standing up a
community-managed deployment of OpenStack, but it's not even within
an order of magnitude of being 1k host scale (and at that, it's
still a multi-cycle plan just to reach viability).

Well go big or go home :-P

-Josh