On 10/28/2015 9:06 AM, Yuriy Nesenenko wrote:
Hi. Look at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239837/

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Matt Riedemann
<mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com <mailto:mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>> wrote:

    That job is failing at a decent rate, tracking with bug:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1510656

    It lines up with the novaclient 2.33 release on 10/27, I'm checking
    out what the change was that caused the regression.

    This is a heads up that rechecks on this failure probably won't help.

    So far I haven't seen any related patches up to fix it although
    there were already 2 bugs reported when I got in this morning.

    Matt Riedemann

Heh, well that's 3 bugs then, I didn't see that one. jgriffith and I were talking in IRC about just handling both exceptions in cinder to fix this but we also agreed that this is a backward incompatible change on the novaclient side, which was also discussed in the original novaclient wishlist bug that prompted the breaking change.

Given the backward compat issues, we might not just be breaking cinder here, so I've proposed a revert of the novaclient change with justification in the commit message:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239941/

At least with the cinder change above we're OK for mitaka, and logstash isn't yet showing failures for cinder in stable/liberty, but given the requirements there it will be a failure in cinder python34 tests in stalbe/liberty also - so we can backport the cinder fix or block the 2.33 novaclient version on stable/liberty global-requirements depending on what we do with the proposed novaclient revert.

Matt Riedemann