On 11/11/2015 11:01 AM, Murray, Paul (HP Cloud) wrote:
Unfortunately, you're trying to work around misuse of the cloud API's, not
missing features from them. Don't use those volume types, and don't build
systems that rely on single ports and interfaces. IMO rebuild is a misguided
concept (something that took me a long time to realize).

Slightly tangential to this discussion but specifically to your comment about
rebuild: HP (and I believe RAX) kept asking OpenStack infra to use rebuild in
node pool instead of constantly deleting and creating instances.
The reason being it would give them a significant performance advantage
and dramatically improve the use of resources in the operators cloud. Node
pool would have gained a vastly better resource utilization.

I didn't think that the overhead of deleting/creating an instance was *that* much different than rebuilding an instance.

Do you have any information about where the "significant performance advantage" was coming from?

Chris