On 11/17/2015 05:43 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
I found some time to work on a reverse sort of nova's tables for the db
archive command, that looks like [1].  It works fine in the unit tests,
but fails because the deleted instances are referenced by
instance_actions that aren't deleted.  I see any DB APIs for deleting
instance actions.

Were we just planning on instance_actions living forever in the database?

Not as far as I understand.

Should we soft delete instance_actions when we delete the referenced
instance?

No.

Or should we (hard) delete instance_actions when we archive (move to
shadow tables) soft deleted instances?

Yes.

Best,
-jay

This is going to be a blocker to getting nova-manage db
archive_deleted_rows working.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/246635/