On Nov 26, 2015, at 9:36, John Garbutt <j...@johngarbutt.com> wrote:

> A suggestion in the past, that I like, is creating a nova functional
> test that stress tests the quota code.
>
> Hopefully that will be able to help reproduce the error.
> That should help prove if any proposed fix actually works.

+1, I think it's wise to get some data on the current state of quotas before
choosing a redesign. IIRC, Joe Gordon described a test scenario he used to use
to reproduce quota bugs locally, in one of the launchpad bugs. If we could
automate something like that, we could use it to demonstrate how quotas
currently behave during parallel requests and try things like disabling
reservations. I also like the idea of being able to verify the effects of
proposed fixes.

-melanie (irc: melwitt)