Hi Sandro,

>> 1) (Downstream) packaging: midonet and python-midonetclient are two
>> distinct packages, and therefore should have distinct upstream
>> tarballs - which are compiled on a per repo basis.

This is actually not accurate: there is no such thing as a midonet
package. The midonet repo produces 4 or 5 separate packages: agent,
cluster, tools, py client.

I'd like to understand a bit better what exactly you're trying to
achieve. Is it to produce tarballs? All of them? Just
python-midonetclient?

Let's examine the concrete requirements before rushing headlong into
highly disruptive changes like splitting repos. For example, a
py-midonetclient tarball can be built already without having a
separate repo.

> 3) In order to put python-midonetclient on PyPI, it's probably
> required to be in its own repo as well, isn't it? Because that's
> another requirement [3]

Ditto. We already have a mirror repo of pyc for this purpose
https://github.com/midonet/python-midonetclient, synced daily.