Christian Berendt wrote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question and I waste your time. I am looking
for a file that speicifes the name and version number of the latest
stable release.

I have not found this information in the governance repository (I only
found a hard coded variable called latest_stable_branch in the
tool/stable.py script, using kilo as the current value
(https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/tools/stable.py#L21-L24)).

In the releases repository is a note in the doc/source/index.rst file (I
think this is the source of http://docs.openstack.org/releases/) that
releases/liberty is the current stable release.

I don't think we have that anywhere in machine-readable form currently. I would support having a reference YAML file in openstack/releases that would be used to generate doc/source/index.rst (and could also be read by other tools).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)