On 1/14/16 9:28 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:

The consensus I'm picking up roughly is that for those working on the
features, testing with source builds seems to be working fine.  It's
just not something anyone wants to gate the main Neutron repo with.
That seems quite reasonable.  If the features aren't in proper
releases yet, I don't see gating as that important anyway.

Yes, I don't see it as being used for gating (yet), just for easily selecting a version of OVS I want to use for testing, like something that supports IPv6 tunnels, whether it's pre-built or built by the script.

-Brian