I think you'll like that there will soon be a single create call for the
entire graph/tree of a load balancer so you can get those subnets up
front.  However, the API will still allow creating each entity
individually which you don't like. I have a feeling most clients and UIs
will use the single create call once its available over creating each
individual entity independently.  That should help out mostly.

Thanks,
Brandon