After offloading a shelved instance the freed compute resources are still accounted.

I think it makes sense to make this behavior configurable. We often have the request to not account the freed compute resources after an instances was offloaded to be able to spawn new instances or to unshelved offloaded instances even the assigned compute resource quota was archieved.

Because the instance are shelved and offloaded they do not occupy compute resource and it is often safe to allow the freed compute resources for other inststances. Of coure it has to be checked if there are enough free compute resource when trying to unshelve an offloaded instance.

What do you thin about this use case? If it make sense to you I want to propose to write a spec for this feature.

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Solution Architect