On 01/30/2016 07:02 PM, Henry Nash wrote:
> Hi
>
> One of the things the keystone team was planning to merge ahead of
> milestone-3 of Mitaka, was “projects acting as a domain”. Up until now,
> domains in keystone have been stored totally separately from projects, even
> though all projects must be owned by a domain (even tenants created via the
> keystone v2 APIs will be owned by a domain, in this case the ‘default’
> domain). All projects in a project hierarchy are always owned by the same
> domain. Keystone supports a number of duplicate concepts (e.g. domain
> assignments, domain tokens) similar to their project equivalents.
>
> <snip>
>
> I’ve got a couple of questions about the impact of the above:
>
> 1) I already know that if we do exactly as described above, the cinder gets
> confused with how it does quotas today - since suddenly there is a new parent
> to what it thought was a top level project (and the permission rules it
> encodes requires the caller to be cloud admin, or admin of the root project
> of a hierarchy).

These problems are there because our nested quotas code is really buggy
right now. Once Keystone merges a fix allowing non-admin users to fetch
his own project hierarchy - we should be able to fix it.

> 2) I’m not sure of the state of nova quotas - and whether it would suffer a
> similar problem?

As far as I know Nova haven't had merged nested quotas code and will not
do that in Mitaka due to feature freeze.