Hi All,

In bareon [1] we have test framework to test deploy ramdsik with bareon inside
(baremetal deployments). This is a functional testing, we do a full
partitioning/image_deployment in a VM, then reboot to see if tenant image
deployed properly. Blueprint is at [2], test example is at [3]. We were going
to put a framework to a separate repo, while keeping functional tests in bareon
tree.

Does someone else have need to test some kind of deployment ramdisks? Maybe
already have existing tools for this? Or would be interested to reuse our code?
Current pull request is to create bareon-func-test repo [4]. But if that makes
sense, we could do something like ramdisk-func-test, e.g. try to generalize the
framework to test other ramdisks/agents.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bareon
<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bareon>
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/bareon/+spec/bareon-functional-testing
<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/bareon/+spec/bareon-functional-testing>