Hi all!

Initially we didn't plan on having stable branches for IPA at all. Our gate is using the prebuilt image generated from the master branch even on Ironic/Inspector stable branches. The branch in question was added by request of RDO folks, and today I got a request from trown to remove it:

<trown> dtantsur: btw, what do you think the chances are that IPA gets rid of stable branch? <dtantsur> I'm +1 on that, because currently only tripleo is using this stable branch, our own gates are using tarball from master
<dtantsur> s/tarball/prebuilt image/
<trown> cool, from RDO perspective, I would prefer to have master package in our liberty delorean server, but I cant do that (without major hacks) if there is a stable/liberty branch
<trown> LIO support being the main reason
<trown> fwiw, I have tested master IPA on liberty and it works great

So I suggest we drop stable branches from IPA. This won't affect the Ironic gate in any regard, as we don't use stable IPA there anyway, as I mentioned before. As we do know already, we'll keep IPA compatible with all supported Ironic and Inspector versions.

Opinions?