Assaf Muller <amul...@redhat.com> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Matthew Treinish <mtrein...@kortar.org> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:07:19AM +0100, Jordan Pittier wrote:
Hi list,
I understood we need to limit the number of tests and jobs that are run for
each Tempest patch because our resources are not unlimited.

In Tempest, we have 5 multinode experimental jobs:

experimental-tempest-dsvm-multinode-full-dibtest
gate-tempest-dsvm-multinode-full
gate-tempest-dsvm-multinode-live-migration
gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-multinode-full
gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-dvr-multinode-full

These jobs largely overlap with the non-multinode jobs. What about tagging (with a python decorator) each test that really requires multiple nodes and
only run those tests as part of the multinode jobs ?

So I don't think this is wise. I'm fine with adding a tag (or more
realistically a new decorator that sets the attr and bakes in the skip checks)
to mark tests that require more than 1 node to work. But, limiting all the
multinode jobs to just that set doesn't make too much sense to me. For most of those jobs you listed the point is to verify that everything things work the same at >1 node, not just features that require more than 1 node. (with likely the exception of the live-migration job which I assume just runs live migration
tests)

What is probably a better question to ask is why we need 5 different multi-node jobs in the tempest experimental queue? Tempest will always have a higher than average number of tempest-dsvm jobs running because so much of the code is self verifying. But, do all of those jobs really improve our coverage of tempest
code? Like what does the dibtest job buy us? Or why do we need 2 different
types of neutron deployments running?

I can't speak for the other three jobs, but these two:
gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-multinode-full
gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-dvr-multinode-full

Are both in the check queue and are non-voting. Both are hovering
around 50% failure rate for a while now. Ihar and Sean (CC'd) are
working on the non-DVR job, solving issues around MTU.

Not really, we were looking at *grenade* multinode neutron jobs only. And I think with recent fixes in nova, non-dvr grenade job is fixed, and we tackled all *gate blocking* MTU issues.

Next step for us is DVR job for grenade. But again, it has nothing to do with tempest flavours of it.

Ihar