On 22/02/16 18:35, "Thierry Carrez" <thie...@openstack.org> wrote:

>Clayton O'Neill wrote:
>> Is the expectation that the ops mid-cycle would continue separately,
>> or be held with the meeting formerly known as the Design Summit?
>>
>> Personally I’d prefer they be held together, but scheduled with the
>> thought that operators aren’t likely to be interested in work
>> sessions, but that a good number of us would be interested in
>> cross-project and some project specific planning sessions.  This would
>> also open up the possibility of having some sessions specific intended
>> for operator/developer feedback sessions.
>
>I'll let Tom comment on that, but the general idea in the strawman
>proposal was that the Ops "midcycle" event would be preserved as a
>separate event, but likely turn more and more regional to maximize local
>attendance. The rationale was that it's hard for ops to justify
>traveling to a contributors-branded event, while they can more easily
>justify going to the main OpenStack Summit user conference event, and to
>regional Ops gatherings.
>
>But things are still pretty open on that front, so let's see what the
>feedback is.

Once we get the ideas reviewed, it would be good to validate it with the
-operators list too. There are some impacts on the value of the
summits/contributor sessions which would be worth checking to make sure the
feedback loops can be kept/enhanced.

Many will follow both lists but the volume of messages can lead to people
focussing on one or the other.

Tim