On 02/21/2016 01:56 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
Yingxin, sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. My comments inline.

On 02/17/2016 12:45 AM, Cheng, Yingxin wrote:
To better illustrate the differences between shared-state,
resource-provider and legacy scheduler, I’ve drew 3 simplified pictures
[1] in emphasizing the location of resource view, the location of claim
and resource consumption, and the resource update/refresh pattern in
three kinds of schedulers. Hoping I’m correct in the “resource-provider
scheduler” part.

2) Claims of resource amounts are done in a database transaction atomically
within each scheduler process. Therefore there are no "cache updates" arrows
going back from compute nodes to the resource-provider DB. The only time a
compute node would communicate with the resource-provider DB (and thus the
scheduler at all) would be in the case of a *failed* attempt to initialize
already-claimed resources.

Can you point me to the BP/spec that talks about this? Where in the code would we update the DB to reflect newly-freed resources?

Thanks,
Chris