Hey folks,

It should be obvious that commiters should be testing their changes, but
unfortunately this is not always the case.  With the recent state of the gate
relating to the introduction of Docker 1.10.z breaking the gate  for 1 week
followed by a keystone change upstream breaking the gate for one week, I'd like
to make certain the gate stays green.

Jeffrey Zhang resolved the gate with [1].  I'd ask that everyone that has a
patch in the queue rebase on master and resubmit their changes.  The result of
that should be a green gate.  If you already have votes on your patches and
they are rebased, I believe gerrit will leave the vote intact.  If not, the
core reviewers who reviewed your patch originally will be happy to ack a simple
rebase on master.

For core reviewers:
Please do not approve patches that do not pass the gate.  If the gate is
broken, our priority should be on fixing the gate.  Please wait for workflows
until the gate is green or a recheck has produced a green gate.  I realize our
gate isn't perfect, but if its half-red it doesn't give developers a good sense
of confidence their patch is correct (or not correct).  What ends up happening
in that scenario is core reviewers end up having to pull down every change to
personally test it.  We have a lot of work queued up, and the gate should
provide some level of confidence that the change doesn't break things,
especially with the recent addition of the dead-chicken testing nova boot
operation.

When it comes to multinode, we will have to do manual testing, but I'd prefer
to sort out any breakages during the RCs since manual testing won't necessarily
test the same merge order as the core reviewers are using to manually test
multinode.

Thanks in advance!
-steve

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/285625