Thanks for this discussion and the agreement, it sounds good, I will upload related changes.

--
Liu sheng

在 2016/3/7 23:42, gordon chung 写道:

On 07/03/2016 8:05 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
On Mon, Mar 07 2016, gordon chung wrote:

shall we drop 'alarm search' nomenclature and use just 'alarm list' for
both queries (standard and complex). the concern i have right now is the
proposal is to add standard query support to 'alarm list' while complex
query support is in 'alarm search'. this is very confusing especially
because both commands use '--query' as their option input.
So you have to differentiate 2 things: the REST API and the CLI.
You can't merge both on the REST API side, because the complex query
system require to send a JSON object, so that requires a POST – whereas
listing is simply done via GET. That part we can't merge together.

Now, if your plan is to merge both command on the CLI side, I see no
objection. That's probably a good UX point.

yeah, the proposal is to merge on the client side. let's do that, since
it was same way we were leaning at the meeting[1].

1. drop aodh alarm search
2. add both --query and --complex-query support to aodh alarm list

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/telemetry/2016/telemetry.2016-03-03-15.01.log.html

cheers,