On 03/08/2016 06:26 PM, Zane Bitter wrote:
On 08/03/16 08:03, Johannes Grassler wrote:
I think you're being a little too pessimistic. I was going to explain one
approach, but it turned out to be easier to just submit a patch:

https://review.openstack.org/290027

Ah, that one looks good, thanks :-)

I believe this satisfies requirements 1, 2, and 4. I agree that there's no
way we can really tackle 3 as far as third-party plugins go, but at least all
explicit dependencies are guaranteed to be added. For the implicit ones, it's
up to plugin authors not to screw it up.

That's fair enough and makes for a good warning to include in the docs.

BTW I created https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1554625 to cover this
larger issue (as opposed to the specific problem you are fixing in bug
1442121); that would probably be a good one to reference in your docs
changes.

Ok, thanks. That link will prevent a lot of unwieldy problem explanation people
are unlikely to read anyway :-)

Cheers,

Johannes

--
Johannes Grassler, Cloud Developer
SUSE Linux GmbH, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)