> On 09 Mar 2016, at 08:43, Sukhdev Kapur <sukhdevka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> I am driving the ironic-ml2 integration and introduced baremetal type for
> vmic_type.

Basically that’s my plan. So in my current implementation
I use the baremetal vnic_type [1] and add a binding profile [2].

> You can very much use the same integration here - however, I am not
> completely clear about your use case.
> Do you want neutron/ML2 to plumb the network for Manila or do you want to
> find out what VLAN (segmentation id) is used on the segment which connects
> TOR to the storage device?

Generally I want to find the best architecture for this feature :)
Introducing a neutron-agent that does the plumbing will mean this agent needs
to have a connection to the storage node itself. So we will end-up in a
storage agent with a driver model (or an agent for each storage device). On
the other side it follows the idea that neutron takes care about networking.

From a Manila perspective the easiest solution would be to have an interface to
get the segmentation id of the lowest bound segment.

> You had this on the agenda of ML2 meeting for tomorrow and I was going to
> discuss this with you in the meeting. But, I noticed that you removed it from
> the agenda. Do you have what you need? If not, you may want to join us in the
> ML2 meeting tomorrow and we can discuss this use case there.

Yeah I am sorry - I have to move the topic +1 week due to an internal meeting :(
But we can have a chat on IRC (mkoderer on freenode).

Regards
Marc

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283494/
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283494/>