On 3/9/2016 2:15 PM, Amrith Kumar wrote:
Thanks Matt.

Agreed on 1, 2, 3, and 4. The reason for #5 is that there are other changes
(for which we have FFE's) which will be merged and a new version of the client
requested.

Specifically, this change

https://review.openstack.org/290177

Thanks,

-amrith

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Riedemann [mailto:mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 2:53 PM
To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [tc] [trove][stable] proboscis tests randomly
failing in stable branches; bug 1538506

On 3/9/2016 1:34 PM, Amrith Kumar wrote:
Matt,

We discussed this at the Trove meeting. Here's my current understanding
of the situation:

1. Your change https://review.openstack.org/#/c/290048/ which reverts
the trove client side of the change should be merged.

2. This change (the Trove API side)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245845/ should also be reverted. I'm
assuming that you'll submit a change for this as well for completeness.

I can submit a change for this.

3. We need to blacklist python-troveclient 2.1.0 on Liberty, this is
your change https://review.openstack.org/#/c/290021/

4. We need to blacklist python-troveclient 2.1.0 on master, this is
currently *NOT* what your change https://review.openstack.org/290168 does.
I disagree with the approach of just increasing the minimum requirement
from 1.2.0 to >=2.1.0.

I'm OK with blacklisting 2.1.0 on master and can make that change in the
same patch.

5. We need to request a new python-troveclient. Whether it should be
called 2.1.1 or 2.2.0, I'm not positive. My thought is 2.1.1. But out of
an abundance of caution, I'm going to look to #openstack-
release/#openstack-infra for guidance on this.

There are no other changes to python-troveclient since 2.1.0 was released:

user@xubuntu:~/git/python-troveclient$ git log --oneline --no-merges
2.1.0..
user@xubuntu:~/git/python-troveclient$

So 2.1.1 is fine.