Fuelers,

I would like to continue the series of "Getting rid of …" emails. This time I’d
like to talk about statuses of clusters.

The issues with that attribute is that it is not actually related to real world
very much and represents nothing. A few month ago I proposed to make it more
real-world-like [1] by replacing a simple string by an aggregated value.
However, after task based deployment was introduced even that approach lost its
connection to the real world.

My idea is to get rid of that attribute from a cluster and start working with
status of every single node in it. Nevertheless, we only have tasks that are
executed on nodes now, so we cannot apply the "status" term to them. What if we
replace that with a sort of boolean value called maintenance_mode (or similar)
that we will use to tell if the node is operational or not. After that we will
be able to use an aggregated property for cluster and check, if there are any
nodes that are under a progress of performing some tasks on them.

Thoughts, ideas?