On Mon, 14 Mar 2016, Chris Dent wrote:

wsgi-intercept (I maintain that) can use httplib2, http.lib or
requests (and if you go back a few versions even more) so those tests
could be updated to use requests and still use wsgi-intercept if that
was desired.

I've just released a version of wsgi-intercept (1.2.0 and beyond)
which has explicit support for urllib3:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wsgi_intercept

[1] If gabbi were to switch it wouldn't be to requests but probably
urllib3 because the reason httplib2 was chosen is because it does
very little for you and makes few guesses. Requests on the other
hand... However there are no immediate plans to make any changes.

Since the winds of change and dependency limiting are blowing,
I've started a branch in gabbi to switch urllib3:

   https://github.com/cdent/gabbi/pull/121

The proved to be relatively straightforward. What I needed was a
minor facade that translated the httplib2.Http.request method
arguments into appropriate ones for urllib3.PoolManager.request and
then transformed the response object into a dict of headers + status
and a content containing response.data.

If you have a look at the Http() class in gabbi/httpclient.py in
the diff of the pull request linked above it's no big deal. I
suspect it can be simplified and made more straightforward but
what's there gets the tests passing.

Happy to help out or answer questions if somebody thinks that since
I've been there I might be able to.

--
Chris Dent               (�s°□°)�s�喋擤ォ�            http://anticdent.org/