On 24 March 2016 at 10:36, Ian Cordasco <sigmaviru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The project will build wheels first. The wheels generated tend to look
> something like 13.0.0.0rc2.dev10 when they're built because of pbr.
>
> If someone is doing CD with the openstack-ansible project and they deploy
> mitaka once it has a final tag, then they decide to upgrade to run master,
> they could run into problems upgrading. That said, I think my team is the
> only team doing this. (Or at least, none of the other active members of the
> IRC channel talk about doing this.) So it might not be anything more than a
> "nice to have" especially since no one else from the project has chimed in.

So when we discussed this in Tokyo, we had the view that folk *either*
run master -> master, or they run release->release, or rarely
release->alpha-or-beta.

We didn't think it made sense that folk would start with a stable use
case and evolve that into an unstable one, *particularly* early in the
unstable cycle.

So - if there's one team doing it, I think its keep-both-pieces time.

If its going to be more common than that, we can do the legwork to
make tags early on every time. But I don't think we've got supporting
evidence that its more than you so far :).

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcoll...@hpe.com>
Distinguished Technologist