On 04/05/2016 11:42 AM, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
Yeah, and they just deprecated vendor data plugins too, which eliminates my other workaround. :/

We need to really discuss this problem at the summit and get a viable path forward. Its just getting worse. :/

Thanks,
Kevin
*From:* Juan Antonio Osorio [jaosor...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 05, 2016 5:16 AM
*To:* OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
*Subject:* Re: [openstack-dev] [TripleO] FreeIPA integration

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Fox, Kevin M <kevin....@pnnl.gov <mailto:kevin....@pnnl.gov>> wrote:

    This sounds suspiciously like, "how do you get a secret to the
    instance to get a secret from the secret store" issue.... :)

Yeah, sounds pretty familiar. We were using the nova hooks mechanism for this means, but it was deprecated recently. So bummer :/

    Nova instance user spec again?

    Thanks,
    Kevin

Yep, and we need a solution. I think the right solution is a keypair generated on the instance, public key posted by the instace to the hypervisor and stored with the instance data in the database. I wrote that to the mailing list earlier today.

A basic rule of a private key is that it never leaves the machine on which it is generated. The rest falls out from there.