On 04/08/2016 12:05 PM, Morales, Victor wrote:
> Agree, sometimes is hard to figure out what is the Devstack variable that
> will modify the configuration value.
>
> There is an effort to categorize the configuration options[1] of some of the
> projects.  I’m wondering if it could be possible to create category or field
> that specifies the Destack variable that changes this configuration value.
>
> [1]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/295543/8/specs/categorized-configuration-options.rst

I really don't think that Devstack should leak that far back into real
projects.

Devstack variables make a ton of sense when you are communicating a
higher level construct, and it needs to do some logic on it and possibly
set multiple things.

Devstack variables that are basically pass through for individual config
vars aren't really a good idea. We try to -1 them all now. But a lot of
leaked in.

I think Sean Collins' plan is a good one.

        -Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net