Xianshan <xi...@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

Hi, Duncan & michael,
Thanks a lot for your replies.

Definitely I agree with you that the microversion is the best approach to solve the backwards compat, and the neutron is also going to adopt it [1]. But it will take a long time to totally introduce it into neutron I think. So IMO, we can continue this discussion and then implement this feature in parallel with the microversion.

Actually, according to the design [2], only a slight change will be done once the microversion landed, i.e. replace the ' new header ' with the microversion to control the final format about the error message in the wsgi interface.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136760/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/298704

If no one is going to help with microversioning, it won’t ever happen. I suggest we consolidate whichever resources we have to get it done, instead of working on small API iterations as proposed in the thread.

Ihar