Davanum Srinivas wrote:
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Joshua Harlow<harlo...@fastmail.com>  wrote:
Okie, the following reviews are up:

https://review.openstack.org/307461 (oslo.concurrency)
https://review.openstack.org/307463 (oslo.cache)
https://review.openstack.org/307464 (oslo.privsep)
https://review.openstack.org/307466 (oslo.middleware)
https://review.openstack.org/307467 (oslo.log)
https://review.openstack.org/307468 (oslo.db)
https://review.openstack.org/307469 (oslo.versionedobjects)
https://review.openstack.org/307470 (oslo.service)
https://review.openstack.org/307471 (oslo.reports)

Do note that the following have a dependency on babel but do not depend on
oslo.il8n:

tooz
oslo.context
oslo.serialization
debtcollector

Should we do anything about the above four?

Josh,

Babel is mainly for translations:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Translations

So we can remove them

-- Dims

Okie, sounds fine with me,

I hope there isn't any translation(s) in those four that people want/are using, because its to my understanding that it will no longer exist if I remove that dependency ;)

-Josh

Doug Hellmann wrote:
Excerpts from Davanum Srinivas (dims)'s message of 2016-04-18 14:27:48
-0400:
Josh,

So Andreas and i talked a bit, it seems like NONE of the oslo.* libs
except oslo.i18n needs a direct dependency on Babel. So we should yank
them all out and bump major versions

http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/latest.log.html#t2016-04-18T11:58:10

I don't think we need to raise major versions to drop a dependency. We
only need to do that for backwards-incompatible changes, and this
doesn't seem to be one.

Doug

Thanks,
Dims