I think it makes sense to merge the triplo heat templates without m-dat support, as including m-dat will require a bunch of dependent patches and slow everything down. The lack of the m-dat service won't cause any issues other than that the experimental share-migration APIs won't work. We should of course start work on all of those other patches immediately, and add a follow-on patch to add m-dat support to tripleo.

One other thing -- the design of the m-dat service currently doesn't lend it to HA or scale-out configurations, but the whole point of creating this separate service is to provide for HA and scale out of data-oriented operations, so I expect that by the end of Newton any issues related to active/active m-dat will have been addressed.

-Ben