On 07/06/16 15:57, Jay Dobies wrote:

1. Now that we support passing un-merged environment files to heat,
it'd be
good to support an optional description key for environments,

I've never understood why the environment file doesn't have a
description field itself. Templates have descriptions, and IMO it makes
sense for an environment to describe what its particular additions to
the parameters/registry do.

Just use a comment?

I'd be happy to write that patch, but I wanted to first double check
that there wasn't a big philosophical reason why it shouldn't have a
description.

There's not much point unless you're also adding an API to retrieve environment files like Steve mentioned. Comments get stripped when the yaml is parsed, but that's fairly academic if you don't have a way to get it out again.

- ZB