On Jun 17, 2016, at 11:29 AM, Henry Nash <henryna...@mac.com> wrote:

> We are currently in the process of implementing microversion support in
> keystone - and are obviously trying to follow the cross-projec spec for this
> (http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/guidelines/microversion_specification.html).
>

> One thing I noticed was that the header specified in this spec is of the form:
>
> OpenStack-API-Version: [SERVICE_TYPE] [X,Y]
>
> for example:
>
> OpenStack-API-Version: identity 3.7
>
> However, from what i can see of the current implementations I have seen of
> microversioning in OpenStack (Nova, Manilla), they use service-specific
> headers, e.g.

> My question is whether there a plan to converge on the generalized header
> format….or are we keep with the service-specific headers? I’d obviously like
> to implement the correct one for keystone.

Yes, the plan is to converge on the more generic headers. The Nova headers
(don’t know about Manilla) pre-date the API WG spec, and were the motivation
for development of that spec. We’ve even made it possible to accept both header
formats [0] until things can be migrated to the recommended format.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/300077/

-- Ed Leafe