On 06/21/2016 12:37 AM, Andre Florath wrote:
Hi!

Before things getting said twice (looks that there is some
public interest here ;-) ):

:)

Can you please rerun and skip the partition part of
the loop device for fdisk -l?
E.g. instead of /dev/loop0p1 just /dev/loop0?
(This was my original intend but maybe not correctly
described.)

Got it. Here you go:

root@brix-1:/# fdisk -l /dev/loop0

Disk /dev/loop0: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes
107 heads, 17 sectors/track, 11529 cylinders, total 20971520 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xefd0e90b

/dev/loop0p1   *           1    20971519    10485759+  83  Linux

You'd mentioned in your previous private email to me that the start should be 2048. Clearly, it's 1 above. Is that an indication of a problem?

Also can you please send the parameters passed to parted?
(When running with trace enabled
this should be written to the logs. Please run something like
    export DIB_DEBUG_TRACE="255"
    disk-image-create -o /tmp/ubuntu.qcow2 --image-size=10 ubuntu vm | tee o.log
and send the output of
    grep parted o.log

Hmm, I get no output at all...

I've thrown the entire o.log contents into paste here:

http://paste.openstack.org/show/520928/

Best,
-jay

===

To be on the same page, here are the other infos Jay send:

o Can you please provide the DIB version?

ii  python-dib-utils 0.0.6-1
ii  python-diskimage-builder 1.0.0-1

o Are you using UEFI on the host system?
    (For me your command works and this question is about
     a possible difference: '--target=i386-pc' appears
     not in my logs)

Yes, it's a UEFI-enabled host:

jaypipes@brix-1:~$ sudo efibootmgr
BootCurrent: 0000