On 06/29/2016 09:13 PM, Edward Leafe wrote:
On Jun 29, 2016, at 10:05 PM, Matt Riedemann <mrie...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
wrote:

2. The updated_at field is also empty, should we sync the updated_at
time to the created_at time when we create the action and also update
it whenever the action status changed, e.g finished.

When a finish_time is recorded that should definitely also update
updated_at. I would be in favor of having updated_at set when the
instance action is created. I've never fully understood why Nova doesn't
do that generally.

As discussed in the API meeting this morning, I thought it would be odd to
set updated_at = created_at when the record is created.

It's really very common. Think of 'updated_at' as meaning 'the last time this
record was modified'. For a new record, the initial creation is also the last
time it was modified.

For what it's worth, this is how the timestamps work for POSIX filesystems. When you create a file it sets the access/modify/change timestamps to the file creation time.

Chris