Greetings OpenStack community,

This week, the API-WG was visited by Deepti Ramakrishna from the Cinder project. Deepti brought up a spec currently being implemented by the Cinder team about resource capabilities, "New public core APIs to expose system capabilities"[5][6]. The result of this was a great discussion[7] about the possibility of creating a new guideline for projects that may wish to expose capability specific information in their REST API servers.

I'd like to thank Deepti for bringing this up, and I encourage anyone who is interested to have a look at the Cinder spec and hopefully share their input about how this might be used by other projects in the OpenStack ecosystem.

No new guidelines have been merged or proposed for freeze this week.

# Recently merged guidelines

None

# API guidelines proposed for freeze

The following guidelines are available for broader review by interested parties. These will be merged in one week if there is no further feedback.

None this week

# Guidelines currently under review

These are guidelines that the working group are debating and working on for consistency and language. We encourage any interested parties to join in the conversation.

* Add the beginning of a set of guidlines for URIs
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/322194/
* Add description of pagination parameters
  https://review.openstack.org/190743

Note that some of these guidelines were introduced quite a long time ago and need to either be refreshed by their original authors, or adopted by new interested parties. If you're the author of one of these older reviews, please come back to it or we'll have to mark it abandoned.

# API Impact reviews currently open

Reviews marked as APIImpact [1] are meant to help inform the working group about changes which would benefit from wider inspection by group members and liaisons. While the working group will attempt to address these reviews whenever possible, it is highly recommended that interested parties attend the API-WG meetings [2] to promote communication surrounding their reviews.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API Working Group [3].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+AND+(message:ApiImpact+OR+message:APIImpact),n,z
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/API-WG#Agenda
[3] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/
[4]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-wg