On 08/17/2016 05:38 PM, Rick Jones wrote:
On 08/17/2016 08:25 AM, Kelam, Koteswara Rao wrote:
Hi All,

I have two computes

Compute node 1:
1. physnet3:br-eth0

2. physnet2: br-eth2

Compute node 2:
1. physnet3:br-eth0
2. physnet1:br-eth1
3. physnet2:br-eth2

When I boot an instance with a network of provider-network physnet1,
nova is scheduling it on compute1 but there is no physnet1 on compute1
and it fails.

Is there any mechanism/way to choose correct compute with correct
provider-network?

Well, the --availability-zone option can be given a host name separated from an optional actual availability zone identifier by a colon:

nova boot .. --availability-zone :hostname ...

But specifying a specific host rather than just an availability zone requires the project to have forced_host (or is it force_host?) capabilities. You could, perhaps, define the two computes to be separate availability zones to work around that.

rick jones

Hi,

Does it help if you boot your VMs, with pre-created neutron ports, rather than a neutron network? I think nova is supposed to bind then and failing that it shall rescedule the VM (up to the configured re-schedule attempts (3 by default)). I think this is an area, where e.g. one of the physnet would relate to an SRIOV PF the PciDeviceFilter would be able to select the right host from beginning.

Cheers,

Geza