On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 12:27:29AM +0000, Elancheran Subramanian wrote:
> Hello Punal,
> We do support both V2 and V3, that’s just a example I’ve stated BTW. We do
> have our own integration tests which are pretty much covers all our
> integration points with openstack. But we would like to leverage the tempest
> while doing our upstream merge for openstack components in CI.
>
> I believe the tests support the include list, how can I exclude test? Any
> pointer would be a great help.

It depends on the test runner you're using. The tempest run command supports
several methods of excluding tests:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tempest/run.html#test-selection

If you use ostestr it offers the same options that tempest run offers:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/os-testr/ostestr.html#test-selection

If you're using testr plain it can take a regex filter that will run any tests
that match regex filter:

http://testrepository.readthedocs.io/en/latest/MANUAL.html#running-tests

You can also use a negative lookahead in the regex to exclude something. This
is how tempest's tox jobs skip slow tests in the normal gate run jobs:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tempest/tree/tox.ini#n80

Other test runners have similar selection mechanisms.

-Matt Treinish