Hello,

I wonder if it would be worth integrating ospurge into openstackclient.

Are there any osc sessions planned at the summit?

On 09/07/2016 04:05 PM, John Davidge wrote:
Hello,

During the Mitaka cycle we merged a new feature into the
python-neutronclient called ’neutron purge’. This enables a simple CLI
command that deletes all of the neutron resources owned by a given
tenant. It’s documented in the networking guide[1].

We did this in response to feedback from operators that they needed a
better way to remove orphaned resources after a tenant had been deleted.
So far this feature has been well received, and we already have a couple
of enhancement requests. Given that we’re moving to OSC I’m hesitant to
continue iterating on this in the neutron client, and so I’m reaching
out to propose that we look into making this a part of OSC.

Earlier this week I was about to file a BP, when I noticed one covering
this subject was already filed last month[2]. I’ve spoken to Roman, who
says that they’ve been thinking about implementing this in nova, and
have come to the same conclusion that it would fit better in OSC.

I would propose that we work together to establish how this command will
behave in OSC, and build a framework that implements the cleanup of a
small set of core resources. This should be achievable during the Ocata
cycle. After that, we can reach out to the wider community to encourage
a cross-project effort to incrementally support more projects/resources
over time.

If you already have an etherpad for planning summit sessions then please
let me know, I’d love to get involved.

Thanks,

John

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/ops-resource-purge.html
[2]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/python-openstackclient/+spec/tenant-data-scrub

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company
registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington
Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy
policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This
e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information
intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying
of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at ab...@rackspace.com
and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.