On 9/7/2016 9:25 AM, Andrew Laski wrote:

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016, at 05:15 AM, Zhenyu Zheng wrote:
Hi All,

Tags for servers are supported in microversion 2.26, but currently we
can only add tags to
instances that are already existed in the cloud, that is, we can not
set tags to instances
when we boot the instances. User will have to first find the instances
and then add tags
with another API call. This is not user-friendly enough when user
doing bulk boot, it will be
not practical to add tags for those instances one by one afterwards.

So, I think it will be good to add support for tag instances when
booting them, I have registered
a BP for O:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/support-tag-instance-when-boot
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/366469/

Comments?

I haven't looked at the spec, and probably won't until at least RC1 is
done, but I think this is a good idea. A few cores noticed that this was
missing a little bit ago and already agreed that it would be a good
addition in O.

Thanks,

Zhenyu Zheng

+1