Please, if you haven't, I'd love for you to read Monty's response. He explained
in way better words what I was not able too:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-September/103242.html

Flavio

On 08/09/16 11:32 -0700, Clay Gerrard wrote:
On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 6:13 AM, Chris Dent <cdent...@anticdent.org> wrote:

That is, it thinks of itself as an existing truth to be ratified.

Gah!  YES!!  Exactly this!  Well said!

And this attitude keeps getting echoed again and again from the current
oligarchy TC!  "We know what OpenStack is; we know the principles we
operate under."

[from https://review.openstack.org/#/c/357260/]
If the OpenStack Principles are in conflict with someone's thoughts
or dreams, it is probably best to find something else to do that is more
aligned with those

How can you get behind a document with a closing paragraph like this!?
OBEY OR LEAVE?!

Because of the ordering of the process and the
presumption of the document they will simply choose to ignore it and
carry on with whatever other important things they've got going on.

Gah!  YES!  Please pay attention!

I know how it feels - I too want to focus *only* on THE MISSON:

[from
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/charter.html#openstack-project-teams
]
OpenStack “Project Teams” are groups of people dedicated to the
completion of the OpenStack project mission, which is ‘’to produce the
ubiquitous Open Source Cloud Computing platform that enables building
interoperable public and private clouds regardless of size, by being
simple to implement and massively scalable while serving the cloud
users’ needs.’’ Project Teams may create any code repository and produce
any deliverable they deem necessary to achieve their goals.

^ what an amazing mission!!!

But remember, our mission must be "performed under the *oversight* of
the TC" - the trick is - *we* elect that *representative* governance!
Elections are next month people!

http://governance.openstack.org/#current-members

OpenStack for the Operators!

Not OpenStack for OpenStack sake!