Now that we’re starting to model some more complex resources, it seems that
some of the original design decisions may have been mistaken. One approach to
work around this is to create multiple levels of resource providers. While that
works, it is unnecessarily complicated IMO. I think we need to revisit some
basic assumptions about the design before we dig ourselves a big design hole
that will be difficult to get out of. I’ve tried to summarize my thoughts in a
blog post. I don’t presume that this is the only possible solution, but I feel
it is better than the current approach.

https://blog.leafe.com/virtual-bike-sheds/

-- Ed Leafe