On 11/21/2016 07:43 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On 2016-11-21 13:24, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
Pete,

The main problem with that is publishing docs to docs.oo which would
then confuse the reader even more then they are already confused by
reading our docs ;)

Regards
-steve

From: Pete Birley <pete@port.direct <mailto:pete@port.direct>>
Date: Monday, November 21, 2016 at 5:11 AM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [kolla] How to handle doc in kolla and
kolla-ansible

I think Jeffrey's raised a good point here. Though I agree we should
keep the development side under a single umbrella/namespace, to better
co-ordinate our efforts, I think it makes more sense to move the
end-user documentation and to the repo that it's associated with. I feel
this is the right approach as it makes it much less likely for users to
confuse/mix documents. With this in mind would it not make sense to spit
out the docs as follows?

  * Kolla: images (building/specs), contributing, development
  * Kolla-ansible: deployment via ansible, ansible specific specs
  * Kolla-kubernetes: deployment via k8s, k8s specific specs

Why confusing Steve? The above sounds like a logical differentiation.

You could have on the front-side of kolla an section "Deployment
options" that links to kolla-ansible and kolla-kubernetes.

And in kolla-ansible/kolla-kubernetes, you have a start file that links
back for generic support.

You can also start with one way and then change later on ;)

Yeah, I tend to agree with Andreas on this. I think general docs for Kolla should link to more specific docs about the Ansible or k8s deployments of Kolla. I don't think that is much of a burden on the user.

Best,
-jay