While reviewing patches today to add versioned notifications for CRUD operations on aggregates and flavors I've come across some inconsistency.

The existing non-versioned notification for aggregate.delete just sends the aggregate id, but the versioned notification is sending the whole aggregate object in the payload:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/394512/9/doc/notification_samples/aggregate-delete-end.json

But with the flavor-delete versioned notification, it's just sending the flavorid:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/398171/16/doc/notification_samples/flavor-delete.json

So which should we be doing? Either way you can correlate the id on the resource in the notification back to the full record if needed, but should we be sending the full object in the versioned notification payload while we have it? I don't much care either way which we do as long as we're consistent.

Matt Riedemann