On 01/19/2017 10:04 AM, Adam Heczko wrote:
> BTW are you implying that Ubuntu LTS is unstable or not stable enough to run
> OpenStack?
> I think that it would be valuable if you could share more details in this
> regard, point to Ubuntu specific bugs etc.

Hey Adam,

One of the bigger issues (as Ian noted) is a performance regression[0] that
seems to impact Ansible[1] heavily. That one is being worked now.

I have a scratch sheet of some things that are broken in 16.04.1 that I still
need to open bugs for:

  * Xenial installer fails if server is UEFI capable, but
    the installer is run in legacy mode

  * 14.04 to 16.04 upgrades on UEFI capable servers fail if
    14.04 was installed in legacy/BIOS mode

  * systemd-networkd 229 has a bug where bridges can't have a
    VLAN interface attached

  * Kernel panics on Dell PowerEdge R710 when the server is fairly
    loaded with LXC containers

I'm still working on reducing some of these bugs down into something tangible
but I hope to do that soon.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python2.7/+bug/1638695
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible/+bug/1637494

--