From: Andrea Frittoli [mailto:andrea.fritt...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 10:42 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>; ghanshyamm...@gmail.com;
zhu.bingb...@99cloud.net; Daryl Walleck <daryl.wall...@rackspace.com>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [QA] Gate Jobs failing after patch for bug/1628016

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 3:25 PM White, Joshua L
<joshua.l.wh...@intel.com<mailto:joshua.l.wh...@intel.com>> wrote:

Hi Team,

I would like to get your feedback on the gate jobs failing and how to alleviate
the issue.

The gate jobs are failing once the prefix is actually added for these tests
jobs below:

1. test_list_container_contents_with_path

Issue:
    For some reason whoever coded this test hardcoded the file path and name
("Swift/TestObject").
    Which means when the prefix is added instead of '<prefix>-TestObject' its
'<prefix>-Swift/TestObject' resulting in the failure because the path is wrong.

Objects with slashes in their name are used to setup paths.
You could change the test so that it uses rand_name for the part after the path
only, e.g. Swift/<random>-TestObject, or you could change the params to match
the random path.

2. test_list_container_contents_with_end_marker

Issue:
    This test will only pass if the prefix begins with a capital letter.
'<Prefix>' works but '<prefix>' fails

This is because the marker starts with "Z" which comes before any low case
letter in ascii order. You could change the end marker, or even better you
could build the end marker dynamically based on the prefix to make sure it
comes after the object name.

andrea

I am trying to find the correct way to fix these issues without doing something
that’s just hacky.

Please see patch for reference: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/397504/

Thanks,

Joshua White