Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2016-03-25 10:51:57 -0700 (-0700), Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
[...]
1. Spammer moved How_To_Contribute to a 555-5p4m-number-woo page
2. Spammer replaced the content with spam
3. SmitSpam deleted the page as spam
[...]

Great point, we need to be mindful of page moves too, so that does
complicate matters. Also we should probably be marking high-value
pages like How_To_Contribute locked to wiki admins anyway (we
already do that for some of them since long before the current rash
of defacements).

Great point... We don't have much reference content left on the wiki, but we should probably protect whatever is left (while we continue the effort of replacing those pages by properly peer-reviewed sites).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)