On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 05:55:34PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-05-26 12:54:49 -0400 (-0400), Matthew Treinish wrote:
> > Just a quick follow-up I started running this on a throwaway server at
> > 15.184.138.236. So you can subscribe to events from gerrit.
> [...]
>
> How resource-intensive is it? Curious whether it makes sense to run
> something like this directly on review.openstack.org. If zuul grew
> support for that mechanism, it might allow CI systems (third party
> or even our own) to wean off using SSH entirely since this is a
> problem in a lot of places from crazy enterprise firewall policies
> to systems running in mainland China.

It's eating like nothing on my server right now. This is all running on a single
cpu vm on a private cloud with a "Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge)" (according
to /proc/cpuinfo) Mosquitto itself has a memory footprint < 1MB and I've seen it
spike up to a whopping 1% cpu utilization. Although, this might increase a as
more
subscribers are added. This is the first time I've played with mosquitto and
mqtt
so I don't know what it's scaling is like. But, I imagine it should handle a lot
of subscriptions well since it's supposed to be an IoT thing. germqtt is eating
a bit more with consuming about 1.5M of RAM and it uses about the same CPU as
Mosquitto.

-Matt Treinish