Hey all!

(This really only concerns infra-root folks, so feel free to skip otherwise)

As part of the update configuration management effort, we have spun up a new host to replace puppetmaster.openstack.org. It is called bridge.openstack.org. It's running Ubuntu Bionic and has Ansible 2.6 installed on Python 3. (how fancy and future-looking is that?) It has been configured using only ansible, so puppet is not even installed on it.

The contents of /root on puppetmaster have been synced to /root on brige.

The hiera secrets in /etc/puppet/hieradata have been copied to /etc/ansible/hosts. fqdn and group directories have been renamed to host_vars and group_vars. On bridge the 'production' subdirectory has been removed. This means that the data is in both places, but the local git repos holding it have diverged a little bit.

Hopefully we'll be able to cut over to running everything from bridge very soon, but in the meantime - if you need to change any secret hiera data, it needs to be done on both hosts.

Thanks!
Monty