Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2019-11-14 17:14:35 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2019-11-14 17:54:45 +0100 (+0100), Thierry Carrez wrote:
[...]
"checking that the PTL or designated liaisons have actually +1 the
request, before casting our own +2 vote."
[...]

Not that I have a better alternative implementation to suggest, but
just to clarify it seems like the underlying problem statement is
really "block merging a release request without confirmation by a
corresponding PTL or release liaison" (and the Gerrit votes
themselves are more of an implementation detail).

Or is it maybe "avoid spending release team review time on release
requests until a corresponding PTL/liaison has confirmed them"
rather than blocking merge?

I'd say "Have a way to tell when the PTL/liaison approved the request without having to manually check who the PTL and liaisons are". The vote should not be blocking since we'd likely override it in corner cases.

Regarding implementation, the benefit of using a specific label is that it would (also) appear in dashboards.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)