On 2014-10-19 6:59 PM, Joe Topjian wrote:

We ended up downgrading to the stock Ubuntu 12.04 qemu 1.0 packages and
everything is working nicely.

We ended up doing the same in our internal repository.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and how they dealt
with it or plan to deal with it.

Also, I'm curious as to why exactly qemu 1.x to 2.0 are incompatible
with each other. Is this just an Ubuntu issue? Or is this native of qemu?

Unless I'm missing something, this seems like a big deal. If we continue
to use Ubuntu's OpenStack packages, we're basically stuck at 12.04 and
Icehouse unless we have all users snapshot their instance and re-launch
in a new cloud.

Same story here Joe. As you said, this is a very big deal for most operators and I'm sad to hear no migration path is offered. Thanks for asking the question.

--
Mathieu