After quite a bit of research I'm starting to worry if this configuration
is not possible. I'm building a L3 fabric with L2 domains terminated at the
top of rack switches and running VXLAN on top.  The few documents I've come
across have stated that each compute node in a DVR setup would need to have
access to the external network directly (L2).

There's 2 possible solutions I can see, running external subnets within a
VXLAN segment and using a manually configured VTEP to terminate and route
the traffic.  Or somehow force the L3 (dvr_snat) agents to do DNAT in
addition to SNAT.

I'm open to any suggestions at this point.